top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Can't find the answer to your question? Call (717) 887-8182


Do I need a valid learner's permit or driver's license to participate?

Yes. All of our students must have a valid and up-to-date Pennsylvania learner's permit or driver's license to participate in our behind-the-wheel instruction.


How old must I be to sign-up for your behind-the-wheel training?

To participate in our behind-the-wheel instruction, you must be at least 16 years old and have a valid PA learner's permit.


I have no way of getting to the designated meeting place, could you travel to pick me up?
 Yes, we can accomodate you by picking you up and dropping you off, however, you will be charged for time spent for travel if you live outside of our area.
Will I get an auto insurance discount by taking 6 hours of behind-the-wheel Instruction?

Most insurance companies will provide a 10-20% insurance discount for taking
both the classroom  component (30 hours of instruction) and the behind-the-wheel  component     

(6 hours of instruction). The discount is usually offered until age 21. Check with your insurance carrier.



What hours do you operate your instruction?

Operating hours are flexible, usually taking place in the late afternoon, early evening and on weekends. We will do our best to accomodate your schedule.


How will my insurance company know that I have completed the 6 hours of instruction?

You will receive a certificate of completion from the Doug Truscott Driving School, LLC that you can present to your insurance company.


What do I need to bring to my first lesson after I have been scheduled?.

You need to bring your valid PA permit/license, a copy of your PA permit/license (for the school to file), $315 check or cash .Prior to the lesson complete and submit the parent/student information form online, (information form can be accessed from the Sign-Up tab). 



I am not a student at Red Lion Area High School or Susquehannock High School, can you give me the PA driver's license test?

No, we are only contracted with the Red Lion Area School District and Southern York Co. School District, therefore we are only certified to give the license test to students who live in the Red Lion Area School District or Southern York Co. School District..

bottom of page